Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Training


So we're supposed to be training right? I guess sitting on the couch watching Boonen win last years Paris Roubaix isn't going to cut it- maybe I'll get one of those belts you wear that tones you will you drink beer.

I'm sure the question will come up time and time again about why we are doing this, and for lack of a better answer- why not? This gives us ample excuses to get out and do ridiculously long rides (read easy hall pass)- simply because our spouses (sorry Nick) don't want us to end up dead on the side of the trail- or better yet they don't want our sorry ass to be the one slowing down the group. So this day of future pain gives us numerous opportunites to get out of the house and go have fun and guilt free beer afterwards. At least that is my take. Besides my wife ran a marathon last spring and I need to do something so I can regain tough guy status in the house!

My guess is that 2006 will be year one of this foolish event for us- but I'll guess that we'll be marking the weekend on future calendars as it will become a key event each summer. I remember thinking 24 hour racing was dumb- this year will be my 10th 24 Hours of Great Glen- so either I ain't so smart or all this pain is a whole lot more fun then we like to admit.

Besides- after we do this we can listen to Abe brag about a sporting achievement that happend in this Millenium instead of something that happened when he was in highschool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home