Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Monday, April 10, 2006

'Recovery Ride"

I get the hall pass to commute this morning, figuring a short half hour in the am and maybe an hour for pm "long" route home would be good for my legs. I grabbed the Surly fixed to try and work out some pedal stroke issues- and wouldn't you know that at 7:30 in the morning it doesn't dawn on me that I've grabbed the bike with the saddle affectionatley known as the "ass razor" (for those who care it's a Sella SLR, basically a chunck of carbon with ti rails). So it wasn't long before I was really thinking my decision was a bad one.

The best part of the a fixed is that when your bum is hurting and your nuking along it's damn hard to stand up- cuz you'll have a hard time keeping up with the pedals. So once again I found myself looking for a hill. Yesterday it was to get warm, today it was to be able to stand up.

The long and short- my easy spin into work was a touch more painful then I had planned, wah me.

That all being said I'm getting psyched for the ride home- it's looking super nice outside. Anyone want to spin this pm?

sc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home