Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Good thing we're talking cycling


So I'm sitting here drinking a Tuckerman's Pale Ale, looking at the logo and wondering what the skiing might be like up in the bowl. My guess is not very good, but at least cycling season is still cranking away.

We skies for a bit at Cranmore today, it was pretty good- but the air temp at the base was 52 degrees- and this is January- can that be right? We had other duties to attend to so we bailed and when we got home I decided it was a good day to go for a ride- bright sun temps in the upper 40's lower 50's. I grabbed the Surly and headed out the door with Seal Crazy blasting in my ear.

The Surly is set up as a fixed, and I run a 50x18. Why I run that gear has more to do with laziness then with intelligence or thought- it's a huge gear and it doesn't like to go up hills. With that in mind I decided to go ride hills. First Stark Road, then the return hill to the base of Stark, then I got the idea that Davis Hill (not using Henry Cotton) would be a good idea. The real reason was that Abe said I couldn't do it- well I did and my legs freakin hurt right now. So that was my work out- an hour and 15 minutes on the fixie with a bunch of hills pushing a 50x18. Like I said I aint smart.

Ok- gotta go ice my knees- hope for snow so we can talk about powder days.


sven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home