Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Reality

So I go for a ride today, to the top of the Kanc and back- I'm feeling pretty good about myself. Three hours, 47 miles, 2100 feet of climbing. Braved some tough conditions- temps in the 20's, heavy wind, and it was snowing for the last 5 miles of the climb, managed to ride the three hours without eating (won't do that again) and in general got back to the car and felt pretty good. Then I had to run out the grocery store and it dawned on me- three hours, 47 miles, 2100 feet of climbing- on pavement, on my road bike- hmmmmm. The Jay Challenge has 10,500 feet of climbing, mostly off road, and does it all in 64 miles.

I other words I needed to climb 8400 more feet in just 17 miles. That's in essence riding the auto road- twice.

Damn, this is gonna be hard....


sc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home