Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Do I go north, or do I go south?

It's been an interesting few weeks. So some of you know more than others, so let's bring everybody up to speed. The tent business has really taken off, way more than I could ever have imagined, which is awesome. The bad side is I still have a full time job. So for a few weeks it's been eating at me, I need to make a decision. Roll with my business and build it to where I want it to be, or stay where I'm at and be a good husband and dad who knows I'm not going to make my family lose everything we have.

So, after many hours of lost sleep the decisions was made. Take a chance, live a little. Figure it out. Resign. Jump full ship into the tent business.

It's funny I am usually pretty rough around the edges, don't pay attention to sappy shit (see). So I'm reading a blog the other day and this quote hits me,

"Even in this affluent country, many folks are in survival mode, nose buried too far into the grindstone to see the view, too numb to even be aware of their passions." Not sure who wrote it, sorry. But it pretty much confirmed what I wanted to do.

It's definately been an intersting few months and year. Who would have thunk it that I would have ever been so consumed with Cycling. Dr. Ass started it, came up to my desk and asks "wanna race the 24 Hours with us, it's in two weeks." Immediately it was a sure. I've never thanked him for that, so Dr. Ass thanks, I've loved every minute since then. And also to JJ and NK, it's great to know there is always soemone who is there to go for a ride, shit on each other but at the end really enjoy the ride and company, so thanks. It's awesome to be able to forget it all and go beat ourselves into the ground, with JJ that's literally (how's your shoulder?)

So why am I all soft today, well it's exciting. Ready to move to the next adventure, keep riding and finish this damn race we've started.

A1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home