Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Back to Training

I’m ready to move beyond the night of shots, suffice it to say it was a bad choice on my part. Thank you to Dennis for reminding me of my past indiscretions, I aspire to being as clear-headed about my drinking decisions as the wise one. Time to move on.

Ok training log- last night did an hour on the rollers. I’ve been riding to Smallville episodes as of late, a departure from watching Buffy. Watching these on DVD means you get 40 minutes of riding per episode- so I go an episode and a half of riding and then stretch and do pushups and ab work during the last 20 minutes. I’d like to get to two full episodes on the bike- but that might be a bit much right now.

It’s time to talk a bit of skiing. Skied this am and it was pretty good, but the sun is out and it’s in the upper 40’s- where the hell is winter? For those who are looking for a bit of fun the North Conway Derby has been bumped to February 18th- any takers to a head to head during the race? The first few K’s are downhill from the top of Cranmore- then the remaining portion of the race is in Whitaker Woods- it’s a skate race- who’s in?

Or you can partake in Abe’s version of fun- getting the crap kicked out of you by pro-football players. Good luck buddy!

We may finally see a post from Josh- he has been a bit mentally challenged by this whole Blog thing, but we will teach the boy. He is from Rutland VT after all so we can’t expect too much.

As a heads up there is some chat going on off line about the Mount Washington Hillclimb- hell 4500 feet is nothing compared to the 10,500 we’ll be doing at Jay- so why not? If you’re interested better sign up soon.

That’s my story.


sven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home