Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Sven's training log

I'll be the first to admit I've been a bit wimpish regarding the recent temps. When it's in the singe digits and windy I'm apt to not go out for a ride- even in the daylight hours. It's funny since most people think we are insane that we ride at night in the wintertime during a snowstorm- but really 18 degrees isn't that bad- but 5 degrees is just too far for me. That's a long-winded way for me to say I've been riding rollers inside the past couple nights. The trouble with rollers- I can only go so long. So the last couple nights have only been 45-minute sessions. I've been trying to be good and lay down a bit of base, keeping the HR down under 140 and averaging around 130 for the workout. I should do more of that but riding that fixie with the 46x18 up hills isn't conducive to a low HR- oh well.

My wife has been trying to get me to do more work on my upper body and core- I thought that's what PBR tallboy curls were for? Oh well- I've been trying to do more upper body work- and who knows (I'll regret posting this) may be I'll go do some lifting with Abe (no I won't). Now I know something is wrong when I say that I might even go for a run today. The world is turning in its head.

So that's been the work out plan as of late- not nearly enough but better then nothing! Any bets on who gets a road bike first- Abe or Nick?


sven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home