Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Race day- hope for rain or sun?

I haven't been keeping a training journal this year, I wish that I had cuz I'm curious about how many rides have been in the rain. It's gotten to the point that I just assume that I'm going to be riding in the rain and when it's in the dry I get very confussed. Here is my question- do I hope for rain or sun during the Jay Race? I just don't know, of course it doesn't matter what I hope for, mother nature is going to do her own thing- but with just a few weeks left till the race this is one of the issues I'm wrestling with.

Rain will make the course slick, my clothes will weigh a ton, my shoes will feel squishy, my drivetrain will make noises that keep companies like SRAM and Shimano in business, and I'll constantly have visibility issues. However I know that I can best regulate my body temp in the wet. If it's sunny it'll be hot, have to deal with sun burn, heat stroke, dehydration, and energy sap- the trail will be in much better condition and the sun in general keeps me in a better mood. So what to do? I guess I'm hoping for a mostly cloudy day, temps in the lower 70's, low humidity, and only a light breeze. Can anyone out there order that up for July 30th?

Ok time for coffee, as I'm not sure anything I just wrote made any sense!


good morning-

Dr. Evil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home