Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ramblings

NK and I had a good ride this morning before work, up the Cranmore access road and down Red Tail. We stopped at one of the clearings and NK said, "yeah, time to move to the city." We both laughed and rode on, I was thinking about how beautiful it was and how lucky we are to be able to do things like this before work.

To back up a bit, last night I tore the blur apart to do some spring cleaning, in the process I tweaked the BB, found a bad bushing in the rear shock mount, a spent middle chainring, junked cartrige bearings in the front wheel and an odd tightness in the rear freewheel. Normal wear and tear but now that I'm not tied in with a shop I'll looking at FFR on parts- ouch. Oh well, maybe it's time to get a PT job working in a shop! Then after the ride while my bike was sitting in the office the sidewall on my rear tire let go and sent people diving for cover- now that was pretty funny.

A1 has a theory that my bike is pissed that I've been lookng at the Cannondale Rush- he may be on to something. However, I'm not the only TWAF member to have a flat today, JJ got a flat on his road bike this morning- it happens. Speaking of bikes anyone out there looking to hook up TWAF with new rides? It's worth a shot!

TWAF is getting a touch of media play right now as Gerry Hunt, the media coordinator for the Jay Challenge did a release about our band of merry men. It's kinda cool to think people might read about us and maybe get fired up to go do the event or at least get out and ride. That's all we do, we get out and ride- a lot. I hope nobody has the impression that we are "athletes"- far from it. We're going to get smoked by 95% of the riders at Jay, but we're fired up to go and participate and have fun and hang with the other 5% that are like us.

That's all I've got this morning- sorry no photos of myself this morning ;)

Get out and ride.


Dr. Evil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home