Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Laughed at

First and unrelated to my subject, I hope sven is having a good time drinking wine and smoking cigs in France. I also hope he comes back 10 pounds heavier and slower.

Now, on to the real matter at hand. So I get up early this morning, look outside and decide it's a nice morning for a jaunt. So I drive up to the office, gear up and head out. Decided to head up Hurricane (gulp) to see how the climbing legs really feel. Had my mp3 player jamming out to some Ram Jam and Skynard, feeling good. I'm about 3/4 to the top on one of the last really steep pitches and a car is headng down towards town. As the woman gets by me she starts laughing and shaking her head at me. Am I crazy? Wait a minute, it's 7:00 on a beautiful sunny day, the views are amazing and I'm out enjoying the valley, let alone doing something healthy. And this woman (who didn't look to fit to be politically correct) is friggin laughing at my insanity of climbing this mtn. on a bike. Anywho, it sort of pissed me off, so the last part of the climb was much easier. Thanks lady in a white care whoever you are. I wonder if she would go to Jay and stand on the really long climbs on the course and laugh at us. Aah, inspiration. 100 days...

A1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home