Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

The days keep ticking by

Jay is getting closer every second and I keep wondering what we need to do to get ready. We did have a good ride on Sunday, at least A1 and I did. JJ got out for a dirt ride w/o us, but A1 and I went out for a multi notch tour. It was fun, but it was only half the climbing, and it was all on pavement- that gives me reason for pause.

This weekend won't be a good one for riding for me, but I'll still get out. Sounds like A1 and JJ have a good game plan in place to put in some serious dirt saddle time, I'll work to connect with them around 10am but I've got to go do some TV time to pay for a new pump and a couple cases of Cliff Bars!

I've been riding the fixed this week, trying to clean up a bit of my pedal stroke. It's interesting how you approach hills differently on a fixed, you try to go slow so your legs don't get ripped off. I find I'm always ready for the road to tip up a bit so that I can have a bit more control over the pedal stroke.

At this point I think we have these things going for us: we all have a bit of base and seem to understand how hard this is going to be, we seem to be working through a few key issues- like how to stay well fed while riding, we're slowly dialing in our gear. What I think is against us: the unknown- the difference between a 5 or 6 hour ride and a 9 or 10 hour ride is HUGE, dealing with technical terrain when dead tired, dealing with riding at different peoples pace, weather, thinking we're "fit enough". I'm sure we'll make it, but like they say for those who are training for a marathon- you don't train for the actual race- you train so that you can walk the following week.

We'll see.


peace out- Dr. Ass

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home