Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Looking Forward

It’s an odd thought when you realize that you are at the age when a lot of pro athletes start thinking about retirement. Does that mean my best athletic years are behind me? I’m hoping not and I look to people like Tinker, Ned Overend, John Boyer, and even my Dad who are all still fit and fast well past their “prime”. The truth is I’m in the best shape I’ve been in for the last 10 years, and I know that I’m still improving and not ready to say that I feel “fit”.

Jay is looming on the horizon, yet if feel more and more like a stepping stone then it does the final stop. My hope is that Jay goes well and that (assuming I finish) I come away from the event with a better understanding of what I’m capable of physically. The sick part is I know on July 31st they’ll be a discussion among TWAF about “what’s next”- that conversation sort of scares me.

We’ll have the 24 Hours of Great Glen coming up a couple weeks after Jay, and we’ll have a few Red Jersey Summer Series races left, as well as the entire cyclocross season- but I’ve got this gut feel that TWAF will be looking for something bigger for 2007. I’d guess we’ll race Jay again and add a 100 milers in there somewhere (although I’d love to do a 100 miler with LESS climbing then Jay). Only time will tell.

That’s it at the moment, time to do some work. See you out on the trail.


DEA

1 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you getting all nostalgic cause your getting old? Ha I can't be home to give you a hard time so I have to do it from Colorado. Anyway sitting at my desk and thought I would get an update on your crazy fools!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home