Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Lunch time alone...


Well our date with the TV folks got postponed so I had my bike and was ready to ride so I decided to see if I could round up some folks for a little lunch time adventure. I tried at my office and had no takers, then I send an email over to the other TWAF fellas and get 2 no's and one yes, well maybe, make it a no. So about 1pm I head out and up 16 to Hurricane Mt Rd with the intention of riding to the top then hittin the Black Cap trail over to Redtail and down. About half way up I stopped and realized I had no phone with me. So as I continued my climb I decided it might not be wise to be doing the DH on Redtail without a riding buddy or at least a phone. I made it to the top, not in record time, but not that bad either. Stayed on the middle ring and it was steamy. My legs are still not 100% from last Saturday's ride. THey definately are short on snap. I hit the top and circled around and I came back down Hurricane. About 2/3 the way down I headed across a bridge into a clear cut and onto the lower singletrack. I hit the bridge and cleaned the rock garden and hill side. Much better than Saturday when I was flailing like a fish on the dock. Trail was a little slick but in descent shape. All in all it was a good ride in the heat which I figure I need to get used to. I think I am going to need to adjust my fluid intake as I have been used to the cooler temps. So I got 1350 or so feet of climbing in about an hour and a little singletrack to boot. A good trainign ride but it woulda been nice to have some company. Maybe next time.

Ride on...

JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home