Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Thanks for the call, Team...

Well I did not get the call or memo about the morning ride up the access road to Redtail. I was on my own, I'm sensing a theme here, maybe I should check into this, are they trying to tell me something? So I swapped out some brake pads and have not gotten rid of the drag yet. In fact the wheel does not spin, will not roll on its own and in fact pretty much stays put. Under power it moves and stops great. Just not so efficient to ride until I get it burned in or adjusted better.

Anyhoo I decided the best way to work in the brakes was to ride in to work, since I wasn't privy to the other TEAM ride. I took the usual rout, except as I was riding near the beaver damn I went under a tree that the beavers had chewed through and it was leaning and my pack hit the tree as I went under it. Just as I cleared the tree there was a loud crash as the tree let go and came crashing down. That was close, I coulda been beaver food, or smushed or something. Well I made it the rest of the way in and the drag has lessened some. Maybe its a good thing I didn't try to ride up Cranmore today.

JJ

1 Comments:

At 1:03 PM, Blogger weak and feeble said...

I bet that loser DEA was going to call you and never did. NK and A1 seem pretty cool and responsible people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home