Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Morning interrupted....

So I decided to ride home yesterday from work and headed down the powerlines to find mud. Lots and lots of mud. It was fun but I got sorta dirty. I think I left some sediment in the tub after the shower. It rained all night pretty hard so I decided my ride to work in the morning was going to be on the road. I headed out trying to go fast, well fast for me anyhow and about 5 miles into the trek I'm rolling along at about 20 and all the sudden I'm ona jelly real wheel. I look down and I have flatted. Doesn't it figure that I didn't bring a pump. SO here I am, half way to work and half way from home and a flat rear tire an no way to inflate. I grabbed my phone and called my support crew (wife and 2 kids in a minivan) and I was rescued. Well so much for my morning commute. Time to head to the Red Jersy to buy a couple of tubes, some lube and a bucket of chamois butter. I never did get in the mileage I was hoping today. I guess there is always tomorrow. Unfortunately there are not as many tomorrows as there was yestserday. In fact they becoming more rare by the day.


Ride on...
JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home