Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Team ride and such

A good weekend for Team Weak and Feeble, we had all accounted for and present for a little ride out in Davis Hill on Saturday. If was in interesting start to the ride as PJ and I headed out from my house, JJ from his house and we met in the clearing. NK was supposed to have met us but he hadn’t shown so the three of us went out for a loop to warm up the legs before meeting up with A1. When we came back to connect with A1 at the beaver pond we saw NK emerge from the woods.

So we were off for a tour of mud, mosquitoes, and single track. It was a good ride, NK had to bail a touch early (I hope that’s not foreshadowing of Jay!) and A1 then lost his breaks (but it didn’t seem to change the way he road to much!). All it all we rode about 12 to 13 miles, depending on where you started. So only 58 miles more to go!

Sunday JJ and I went out do put in a hot lap on the Davis Trails, pretty fun but I felt like junk trying to keep up to his pace. It was a good loop, despite JJ doing a bit of hardness testing of granite on one of the descents, I guess he went over the bars, I didn’t get to see it. But he ended up alright, but has some nice tough guy wounds.

Then yesterday I got on the road and rode over to the folks house, a mild distance but I was feeling pretty flat and every climb had a bit of a bite, looks like Tuesday is a day off the bike.

Jay is only a short bit away- oh me, oh my, I hope we don’t all die!


DEA

1 Comments:

At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home