Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Cash- now pay up!

I’m getting accused of setting both JJ and A1 up for failure in terms of our time gaps at Crank the Kanc- I feel it’s a very unfair accusation. It’s just that I had a much great faith in my fellow teammates then they had in themselves, oh well.

Either way the first event of the season went pretty well. I didn’t do the time I wanted but in looking at the results I’m fairly happy as a lot of people were slower this year then last and I was able to pick up a couple minutes over last years time. With that said the climb really didn’t go quite the way I had hoped. A few people that I had blown by on the flats returned the favor on the climb. Towards the end pride took over and I lifted the pace to pass them again, but I paid the price as my HR went well over 190.

A1 took the wise route down by riding down in the truck with K and the kids. JJ and I let it rip on the downhill and then two man TT’d until we came up onto Matty Braun and then we had a killer three man TT down to the finish- needless to say my HR on the trip back was only marginally lower then on the way up.

JJ and I then had a good “recovery” dirt ride on Sunday, out for a touch over an hour, that was fun. I took yesterday off and rode this morning with David from work. He and I did a small loop on Sticks and Stones and then he peeled off and I did a TT leaving from the SS entrance (north side)- up Peaked to the traverse, down to the new beaver pond (waded through that) and then down to SS entering on the south side and back to the CCC sign- 26:13- so that was kinda fun.

Picked up an old Chris Carmichael book that he and Lance wrote on training. Started looking over what we should be doing as we get closer. The good news- we still have close to 10 weeks, but if we were to take the week before Jay kinda easy then we really only have 9 good weeks of training. A lot of work still to be done! I need to pick up the intensity and do a bit of hill specific work as well as some LT training. Looks like we’ll be doing some intensity work on our longer rides- hmmm fun.

That’s it from me.


DEA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home