Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Do yu take credit cards?

So with the first race in the books, I owe some money to JJ and Dr. Evil Ass. Good race overall, lessons learned:

1. Ride bike your going to race more than once two weeks prior.
2. Warm up better
3. Eat, eat and oh yeah...eat
4. Don't forget Monkey Butt Powder
5. Don't forget Monkey Butt Powder

So with those in mind I'm not making excuses. I thoroughly got it handed to me by JJ and Dr. EA. At mile 5 or 6 I realized I had forgotten the Monkey butt powder and the discomfort set in. That coupled with the unfamiliarity of the saddle (hadn't been on it in two weeks) and the game began. Finding a comfortable position wasn't easy and really wanted to bag (no pun intended) the rest of the race. Mile 15 or so, still very uncomfortable but now very hungry. Empty stomach vertigo started, great only 6 miles left, 5 being a climb to the top. Wind and rain. Super.

So a few lessons learned. Luckily it was a short TT and not a 24 Hour or worse, Jay. With only a couple rides over the last few weeks it's time to get out in the morning 3-4 times a week again and Sunday long rides. Jay is looming we're approaching 2 months till race day.

Not feeling the love from Dr. Evil Ass, I think he pulled one on JJ and I on our split times. Dirty Dr. Evil Ass.

A1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home