Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day


Ah a beautiful Sunday morning, I can relax in bed and rest sore knees before getting up and eating a good recovery breakfast. Oh wait, it's Father's Day which means my two girls will be up with first light to come in and wake up my wife and I with cards and lots of ear piercing shreiks of excitement. Ok maybe it wasn't quite like that but I wanted to stay in bed so any noise and attempt to wake me up was met with lukewarm appreciation. But they are my kids so we got up, and down to the training table we go. Emma wants to have pancakes (of course she does) so I say I'll mix up the batter and Elizabeth can cook them- out of whole wheat floor, ok well so much for any nutritional value. White flour it is, half way through mixing the batter Emma then descided donuts are a much better choice- so off she and Karen go to Levitts for donuts while Elizabeth and I continue on with our white flour cakes of death. Needless to say I've eaten a good deal of white flour and sugar this morning and not much else- yeah my legs will feel great this afternoon! I wonder what Lance did on Father's Day mornings for breakfast?

Hope to get out for a spin this afternoon on the road bike, nice and easy. Hopefully I can get A1 and JJ to join me.

Later- DEA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home