Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Thursday, June 15, 2006

backing the doctor

since saccharine, sappy sweet posts aren't my trademark - and since the dr. so eloquently spilled his sentimental guts all over the blog, i'm going to have to give DEA his props here.

he's right - whether we admit it or not, since we've began training, i've at least noticed a change in not only my body, but my mind. there's been some steeling, there's been - dare i dream - some discipline gained? let's not get crazy, but i can say that fear of not only failure but of razzing by one's teammates is a tremendous motivator. stuff's better than smack!

this event has changed my outlook on things - i've never had a singular goal like this before, and i've never had people who share that goal with me - and i've never enjoyed my time on a bike more. things are all going to look a whole lot different on july 31st... and i'm not sure i'm willing to give up the way the world looks right now, because i've got a pretty good view from here.

so, to the dr. you big sissy, i salute you.

n-to the-K

p.s.
WCAX in Burlington, VT is a fine source of unbiased, hard-hitting, insightful news. I salute their brand of journalism and wish that all media outlets would strive to reach their level - for the four years that I spent as an undergraduate at St. Michael's College I turned to WCAX news each and every night for my news. It was comfort food for my current-events-starved brain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home