Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Epic Sunday Ride

The final long ride in preparation for Jay was this morning. Aside from some monor start delays (DEA overslept) we got on the road about 5:30 ish and headed out for a long one. Longest ever for me anyhow. Well DEA is busting my chops as I will give you the numbers for the ride. He doesn't mind asking about them as we are rolling along. So here they are: we rode for 8 hours; 125.25 miles were covered; 8,930 feet were climbed and quite a few Red Bulls were drunk.




I agree with DEA on his lessons learned. I am fried tonight, my arms and face that is. Way too much sun for me. Nasty cyclist tan lines. Oh well. One good thing about starting a bit later was we got to ride in some pretty good heat and sun should we see that in a few weeks. It was hot and I sweat a lot, to the point it was burning my eyes.



Best thing about the ride was putting it all together and seeing stuff I have never seen before here in our backyard. I also must give due thanks to Susan and the boys for putting up with me and the long hours on the road this Spring and Summer. Hopefully it pays off.

JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home