Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Friday, July 07, 2006

last night

Race one is out of the way at the Great Glen summer series, and I’ll agree with JJ- 25 minutes of super effort is not something we’ve been training for! With that being said it felt good to go super hard, of course after looking at Mike Saras’s time I don’t feel like I went nearly hard enough!

It was good to get a majority showing from TWAF, as JJ, NK and I all made the start. PJ will be up in the Notch on Saturday as he tackles Newton’s Revenge- so good luck to him. The remaining TWAF members will embark on a 120 mile road adventure on Sunday- leaving at 4:30am- anyone want to join us?

The only major wrinkle in yesterday was my back went out on me at about 10:30 pm (amazing how you remember the time!) I was trying to do a stretch to loosen up my hip and my lower back on my right side just did something bad. K had to help me to the bad and I was a bit nervous and I’ll admit that I was also in a fair amount of pain. It took me a few minutes to get into a position where I was flat on my back and K grabbed an ice pack and after about an hour of frostbiting my back it seemed to let go and I was able to fall asleep. Amazingly enough I felt fine in the AM and was even able to pedal in- although I took it easy as I didn’t want to be curled up in the fetal position on the North South Road.

We’re getting closer boys, the butterflies are starting to form!


DEA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home