Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Less than 24 hours to go

SO I'm all packed and waiting to head over to A1's place to load up the Official TWAF Race Trailer and hit the road. Only problem is he isn't ready. He had to make a run to the dump before we can leave to go to the race. Nothing like a little reality to remind us all we are just regular guys doing something a little bit irregular. I did not sleep great the last couple of days. Lots of thoughts running through my head. Almost like Christmas eve when you were a little kid. Legs are feeling good. Actually they feel like the need a good long ride. Hope they are ready for it, cause they are going to get it. We had some major rain here yesterday, an inch plus in a half hour. Wonder if they got it at Jay as well. Wonder if I have the right tires, do you think Wal-Mart is open yet? Well I guess I better double check my packing list to make sure I brought everything I own and some stuff I don't. Hopefully I'll be able to put some thoughts down about the race early next week. Thanks to my wife Susan, sons Dennis & Sean for their support, without it I would not have even thought about doing this. Thanks as well to my TWAF teammates, great friends; and thanks to the folks I work with who have watched me coming in to work all sweaty from riding to and from work and made fun of me in spandex, etc. the well wishes really mean something. Gee, I'm getting all misty now. Have a great weekend everyone, see ya next week, I hope.

JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home