Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Useless

I can't think about anything other then Jay right now. Last night I was putting up clapboard around our new slider- all the while thinking about Jay and going through lists of what I need to bring/remember/do etc. Can't forget lip balm, put on sunscreen, should bring bug dope, start loading up on pasta Thursday night, bring a couple sets of tires, put on new rotors and swap pads, blah, blah, blah.

This is nuts, it's just a bike ride- kinds like two feet of fresh and light is just another day of skiing (hmmm, need to return to Jay this winter for that). It's a bike ride with a huge group of people, most of whom I don't know but already feel a connection to. I wonder if I'll connect with anyone at the race that I'll say in touch with? We've met people at WCAX because of the race. I've never met Gerry Hunt, the PR guy for Jay, but have emailed back and forth and I'm anxious to put a face to the name (and get him his official TWAF t-shirt). I've talked with the guys at Wingnut and Anti Monkey Butt Powder because of this race, and they both seem like great guys. I guess what I'm saying is this race has opened up a few doors and introduced us to really cool people. At the same time it has opened us up to ourselves, at least I feel that way. Assuming we survive Jay, what will we look at that we previously deemed undoable and now will say- that's nothing? Hmmmm.

Enough babble from me for the moment. A big shout out to all the competitors, volunteers, sponsors, land owners, Jay, and especially Dan. I've never met Dan, but I will this weekend, and I look forward to it. Dan if you're reading this- you're a sick puppy- and I like it! By the way- what size t-shirt do you wear?

Good vibes to everyone!


cheers

DEA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home