Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Active Rest?!?

So what exactly is active rest my brother asked me. Well, I tried to explain it and have it sort of make sense since it is somewhat oxymoronic. Whatever it is or is supposed to be I should be doing it. I have good intentions of doing it, but can't sem to really do it. After racing last Thursday I toasted the bottom bracket bearings on my Yeti 575 so it needed work. That took it off the road for the weekend and so I took Friday and Saturday off. Sunday I went out with the good Dr. Evil and I rode my KHS Pro ST and was reminded exactly why I bought the new bike last year. Oh well, a couple hours in the saddle in the heat & humidity was all I needed. I took Monday off as well and my legs felt pretty crappy. I decided to ride to work today and the felt much better. I was planning on riding home with Dr. Evil but ended up going out for a ride towards the end of the day with some co-workers and I ended up towing them around for 25 miles or so. My legs still felt prett snappy at the end of the ride and I even ran into Dr. Evil on the return trip home. PLanning on riding in to work and home on the road tomorrow as well and then Week 3 of the Dakine series at Geat Glen is Thursday. So much for active rest. I always have next week I guess.

JJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home