Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

GGTOC Dakine Race Series Week 2

So week 2 of the Dakine series at Great Glen is in the books. I was hoping to better last weeks results but unfortunately I seem to have a hold on the second spot on the podium. The weather leading up to the race was wet and that left the trails very slick, with some open water in places and lots of mud. The ground was not near as firm which caused some additional rolling resistance which I think contributed to generally slower times overall. When I saw the results I was sort of pleased in that I was only 7 seconds slower that the first week considering the conditions and that I was able to better the rider that beat me last week by 5 seconds. Unfortunately someone new that I had not been aware of put up a pretty good time and got me by 20 seconds. From what I hear he is a former Cat 1 road racer so I wasn't completely crushed, just wonder if I can get those 20 seconds next week. Congtrats to DEA for his top spot overall. Unfortunately we were one rider short for the Team category this week but hope to be back at full strength for week 3 and take hold of that division. See ya all up at Great Glen Thursday night.

JJ

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home