Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Time to Rest

Friday I had a massage, and maybe I should qualify that- a Sports Massage, as when I think of a massage I think of relaxation not wincing in pain as she works knots the size of grapefuit of of my back and hamstrings. Needless to say I did feel much better afterwords, I enjoyed that loose feeling for a good hour or two before I fell through my a hole in my deck (a hole I created on purpose) landing with all my weight on my left thigh as it caught one of the joists, twisting my back in the process. But hey it was a great two hours!

Took Friday and Saturday off from the bike, the legs needed the rest and life was busy. Sunday JJ and I went for a couple of hours on dirt (I overslept again so JJ had to wait a half hour- at least I'm consistant). It was a good ride, we had a couple good sprints to get away from horse flies. Both JJ and I realized about about two hours in that it's time to start resting and we took it back to the ranch nice and easy. For all intents and purposes the training is over and the "active rest" until race day has begun. I'll commute and we have two races on Thursday this week and one next week that I'll go hard in, but other then that it'll be easy rides to keep the legs spinning- watching the food intake (no sense putting on extra weight now!) and just trying to relax (which will be tough with the deck falling off my house).

Two weeks from today I wonder how I will feel- will I be feeling good, recovered ready to go ride or will I still be dehydrated from the promised tears of the Jay Challenge mountain bike race? Who knows.

Time to rest boys, time to rest.

DEA

1 Comments:

At 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home