Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Monday, July 31, 2006

Done

It's over. JJ, A1, and I made it to the finish line. NK and PJ both had issues, on being mechanical and the other his back so they had to drop, but up to that point we pretty much road as a group.

I'm not sure what to say. It took a long time (over 12 hours), I walked a lot, I had to urge myself to just keep moving, and I was happy but not euphoric when I finished.

Will I do it again? Most likely not. This was an epic event, but it was epic in its adventure status- not in an epic ride way. If you want to do something that is an adventure and you don't care if you walk as much as you ride then this event is for you. If you want to do an epic mountan bike ride with mostly single track that has great flow then this isn't for you. I'm glad I did it, but not in a rush to do it again! NK and PJ of course have to go back next year to get their medals! Dare I say I would consider running the 1/2 marathon up there before I ride it again.

I'll write more once my head is working, but right now I'm gonna go chuck my nasty kit in the wash and take a nap. Thank you to everyone who has supported us along the way, it was cool to talk to and hear from people at the event who were down with TWAF.

Keep riding and smiling, next up 24 Hours of Great Glen!

cheers,


DEA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home