Jay Challenge

The ramblings of Team Weak and Feeble (Sven Cole, Dennis Morgan, Josh Mac, Nick Lebel, and Abe Wrobleski) as we prepare for the Jay Challenge mountain bike race.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Good times

So it's over. The course, well DEA and JJ covered it pretty well in there recaps. I'll only add that there was some of the nastiest singletrack I've ever seen. Probably why I went over the bars three times in about a mile span. Would I do it again, yeah I think so. Goal was to finish and I did, 12 hours 6 minutes 40 seconds. If you'd said the day before I'd finish in just over 12 hours I would have said you were crazy, that's a long time on a bike.It definately lived up to the hype.

I figured out the nutrition: beef jerky, dried fruit and trail mix and actually felt good most of the ride except for the verge of cramping from mile 30 on.

Thanks TWAF for the ride and company. 24 Hours of Great Glen is next. Then what. Shenandoah 100? Any suggestions? I'm in. That was fun.

A1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home